From the article: Applying for Oklahoma Unemployment Benefits
The unemployment rate is unfortunately on the rise throughout Oklahoma. Have you recently become unemployed? Share your story and any tips you might have on surviving the incredibly difficult process. Share Your Thoughts
- Unemployed since Nov 2012. Took 5 weeks to get approved for unemployment. Submitted my job search questionnaire weekly and received payments on time until 3 weeks ago. I was offered a job making 15k less than my last position and ws not really a good fit with my skills. I reported this on my questionnaire. 2 days later someone contacted me from ok unemployment office. Asked me all of the details about the offer. She was rude, sounded irritated that I turned it down. Said her info would be submitted for investigation and I would get a letter stating if my benefits wold be reinstated or not and it could take up to 6 weeks. Meanwhile, no benefits until the investigation is complete. They have o determine if the job was "suitable" or not. Hope this helps others in the same position.
- —Guest Guest Joan
Dont be ignorant
- One thing you all don't get is you can't quit because you got in a cat fight with the girls at work, can't quit because you want a new job then expect money. YOU DON'T PAY INTO UNEMPLOYMENT, EMPLOYERS DO. So stop saying "my money" none of it is yours you don't pay a dime. Also, don't like the wait time? Well that's because those people are fixing the fraud that's committed, arguing with stupid dead beats about why they have to look for work, have to fix people's mindless errors on claims bc they can't read I guess. If you were job searching as much you wait on hold with your hand out you'd find a job. It's takes 6 weeks to get your money if you quit your job or got fired bc by LAW they go under investigation, no you can't speed up the process. No there's no one you can talk to to speed it up, don't like it? Write our governor and see where it gets you.
- —Guest Layla
What are my rights
- I work in a very hostile enviroment they are mean to me curse at me and treat me very unfairly do I have any rights here.
- —Guest Darla Moore
- I was approved for my unemployment, almost the maximum. im getting my first payment midnight tonight, will i get back pay?
- —Guest flash211
Who can help?
- I filed my initial claim 06/30/2012 I still have not received any payment and my case shows that their is still an unresolved issue concerning separation from my last employer. After holding for 2.20 hours I was told they mailed a letter to my previous employer but received no response. I was laid off I stated that I was laid off. They tell me that the case worker will have to try to contact my employer again. Where is the justice in this? I have been without a paycheck for over 30 days. The only thing unemployment says is " we are extremely busy we will get to your case when we can" My car will be repossessed in 5 days without a payment. Bills are all way past due. Do these people not understand this? I'm so frustrated....
- —Guest Anne
answering mail re-uncompleted claim
- So far, on hold 1 hour and still holding. Only have 2 days to complete claim
- —Guest charlie
Can't quit job and collect unemployment
- My job is literally killing me, stress, headaches, memory loss. Trying to put in 80 hours of work into a 40 hour week (no OT allowed. And it just gets worse. OK has no workers protection from abusive bosses. Yes, it's time to march on the state capital and demand some workers rights.
- —Guest Guest
- i applied 4 unemployment and finally got it..i was able to draw 3000 before they cut me off because employer appealed it...told me i had to pay it back...why did they give it to me in the first place if they were gonna take it away....got a job, worked for a while and got sick with ecoli and got fired for that...i applied again and finally got it...so they could collect the money they said i owed them...whats the use of even having unemployment....they suck....other states are not like this....what makes them so frigin special....
- —Guest kelly
- I got laid off for filing partial unemployment my boss didn't like it. So now I had to file a new claim and she fought it . Ugh not sure if I have been approved is killing my little family.
- —Guest Tootsie
At will state
- Oklahoma is an at will state. I contacted the owner of our company that I have worked for 3 years. Our immediate supervisor is a bully he is abusive and threatening he has treated employees so and they have started crying and just walk out. He has a history of abusiveness complaints against him. Even our city chamber filed a written complaint against him with the owner. He berated me and yelled at me for so long he caused me to end up in the emergency room with a stroke. I contacted the owner and begged him for help with the situation. It was now effecting my health. I loved my job. 4 days later I was fired for sexual harassment. Where did this come from???? But in Oklahoma you can fire anyone fir any reason. Whether it's true or not. The commission denied my benefits. Now I have no job no benefits and $4000 medical bills from a stroke that he caused. Can you say heart attack???? There is no attorney in this state that will help you either. So this man continues getting his $50,000
- —Guest Lisa
- Can you resume your benefits on a temp to hire that doesn't work out? I filed and they said pending my answers on what I made for that week. I do not think it is going to work out. They need someone with more experience than I have. If they do not hire me perm after the second week do I qualify to get my checks started again?
- —Guest Guest Deb
are there any real humans there?
- I have been on hold for 25 minutes now. All I have is an extremely simple quick question and cannot find the answer on their website. Im starting to get pissed because this is time I could be using to find a freaking job.
- —Guest angela
Misunderstood and Judged
- I was one of those who was making about 80k in the private sector. I am willing to take a minimum wage job if that is what it takes but no one will hire me. I interviewed for a job that paid about 30k yearly but was turned down. I have a master's degree and 15 years of experience, well overqualified for a telemarketing job. I was told by the interviewer, that he wanted to hire me but he would have to send my resume to HR for arbitration since I made too much money at my last job. Needless to say I didn't get the job, I received an email 2 weeks later stating the positions had been filled. I have applied for employment at Walmart, Loves, Sams Club and every gas station near my home. I have been told they don't want to hire someone who will just leave when they get a better offer. I want to work! I need to work! Don't judge what you have not experienced.
- —Guest Ann
Lets make a change
- I have a idea that may help alot of us. mcdonalds is in the whole usa. They are a corporation that has a chain link product they sell nation wide? What other chain link product can we make and sell nation wide and world wide. That would employ more people. THousands!!!! my heart goes out to educated people who just want to make a honest dollar to put food on the table. We must unite in order to lift the sorrows and bring hope and encourage company owners to be kind and realize what a great heritage effort people make to walk into thier doors and ask for a job. We need to look at people again as our future and we must be kind to eachother this is our nation. Let us love oneanother.My goal is to own my own factory to give people that gas money they need to get to that dream job they have longed for and went to school for. We are not to say no to good people who have walked through our doors no matter what the situation the person is there for a job not to be made fun of. Lets change.
- —Guest our people
Unemployed and leaving
- Well i've had enough. i'm leaving the country and going to China to be an ESL teacher. Pay is decent and i get a free apartment. Nobody is hring and i've had enough.
- —Guest Peter
1-15 of 47Next