Get over it
- We're lucky to be receiving anything for losing our jobs; it's not the government's job to take care of us and our families. We wonder why the country is in debt and the economy sucks...yet thousands of people are living off the government becuase they "can't find jobs." Just because you make 70k a year doesn't mean you're too good to do a job that will pay 30k a year...a pay check is a paycheck. Stop your griping, suck up your pride, and do what you need to do. But STOP blaming the government.
- —Guest Birdie
hopeless and unsure what to do
- I am a licensed minister, single, unemployed and a college graduate. When I finished college I immediately began taking care of my great grandmother as a full time caregiver. I also looked for ministry positions during that time, but because I am not married I was turned away by all. My great grandmother passed away in April 2011, so now after almost 4 solid years of being a caretaker, yes that is a full time job, many employers are looking at me as if I haven't done anything in that time. I did not make much money taking care of her, but it needed to be done. Now I am out of money, unable to afford gas, unable to buy the "proper" clothes for an interview and feel hopeless. I cannot file unemployment, and I do not qualify for a lot of assistance because I do not have children or am not a single parent. I don't know where to turn for help. Should I just give up?
- —Guest Joe
Filing appeal process
- I filed in October, then again in December to appeal as I was denied benefits. My hearing was last part of January. Telephone hearing lasted about 15 mins., I won my appeal, got my approval letter in 2 days, I called that Friday and verified and she said my funds should be there that day or my Monday. Monday came, no funds, so I called again only to find out the wrong code was entered. My funds were deposited by Wednesday. I hope this helps with those that have to appeal.
- —Guest Perseverance
- I have worked since I was 14, I recently lost my job (of 6 yrs) & tried filing for unemployment. I received my first statement saying I only qualified for $40 a week (I was making around $70,000 a year) I noticed my 1st quarter earnings was missing from that statement so I called the 1 number they have and after waiting for an hour I was told I had to have my ex employer fax in on company letterhead my 1st quarter earnings. I worked for a very large company & was given the run around by them (good ole cell phone companies have that habit) after trying for weeks I just decided I would try ue again to see if there was anything else I could do, I am a mother of 2 small children and had bills piling up! I was then told they didn't need the paperwork and I should have already been filing my weekly claims!?! I told them I was told I couldn't receive anything till I had that faxed in, she just said oh well it must have been someone new! Grrr! I am an understanding person, but I have 2 kids at home and was scared to death I would have no money to buy groc and all she could say to me was the person was new! I am finally receiving pymts but they completely skipped a week I should have been paid for, I had waited my one week period then an extra week for who knows why! I am also performing my work searches but I almost want to skip two weeks! I would also like to know how the amounts are figured, they tried explaining it to me but it just makes no sense! I'm trying to be a positive person but this is just silly and really can make a sane person go crazy!
- —Guest manda
Let us move our Complaints
- Instead of complaining here why do we all go to our governors, senators and Presidents websites and state our complaints there.
- —Guest Laura
Cant get an answer
- I filed for unemployment 3 weeks ago and doing everything weekly, turning in job searches ect... but havent seen a check or an approval or denial letter. How long does it take?
- The gov is paying us so why don't they let us go to unemployment office to do something like cut grass, pick up trash, any thing as long as we get a check until somebody hires us. Then we would not feel so bad about people saying we are lazy
- —Guest ttcatt
Catch 22 stuck on unemployment
- I have been working since I was 14 years old. I am now 41 and unemployed. I was let go 18 months ago. Since I have been home I have diligently been searching for a job about 20+ applications each week with no response. I have a masters degree. I have not gotten a single interview. I am not sure if it is because of my years of experience or the possible "price tag". I think employers would be suprised what someone in my position is willing to settle for. I have applied for part-time, full time, entry level positions doing everything from cashiering to office work and no one will hire me. I was told it is because employers don't want to spend money to train me just to see me leave when a better opportunity comes along, which to some extent I understand but I need to work, I don't care if it is minimum wage. I need to live and pay my bills. Even now, I can't afford to pay all my bills so my credit is shot and unemployment runs out next week. I feel doomed.
- —Guest Doomed
- I read over all of your responses and one that stuck out to me is, "they just don't seem to care..." I am a single full time dad. I am planning on going to school next month full time, which is why I am looking into unemployment. I have spent the last week dealing with DHS because they just randomly canceled my daycare benefits without notice because they misread some paper I had turned in before. I had to call at least a hundred times, and go down to their office twice in a week, just to prove that my temp work job that became my full time job was the same job and that I wasn't working two jobs simultaneously. I never did get to see my case worker or the benefit review lady in person. There were people all around me while I was there, that someone at DHS had lost their papers twice for food stamps and their babies were starving and they had just had surgery, and were being asked to file again, or to go beg from a church. I believe that we need someone who actually cares about the people of this nation to be in a governing position, someone who has been poor and knows what it's like to stand in a line with not much hope, with babies waiting with hungry stomachs, having not seen a toy, let alone proper fitting clothes, for far too long, who gave his all to the very end and circumstance has left him on the brink of despair. Is this not America? The land of the free and home of the brave? We send billions in aid to people on the other side of the world when our own blood die in a ditch for lack of care. All around we suffer, all around we're needy, all around we cry out for basic necessities. Yes, we have systems in place, and no they are not perfect. But, the process of perfecting should never cease due to the complacency of the deciders or to the overwhelming need of the people. We should never see our people forsaken, or Americans begging for bread.
- —Guest James
Wheres my Change.
- I was told that I have 3050.00 dollars left on my claim. Problem is, I have to use it all in 3 weeks. Since we know they are not going to give me one lump sum, where is the rest of my money going to go? And if I have a balance, why wasn't I given more per check? If they divide it by 12 months and pay me that, why is there over 3000.00 left, that I cannot claim? And I repeat, where does it go?
- —Guest guest Eve
We have several jobs in Oklahoma
- We have been trying to hire in multiple cities in Oklahoma and it's been really difficult. Our full time permanent stable positions only require outdoor work experience, no felonies and a good driving record. IF you know anyone that is looking that fits this role, we would love to talk to them. Here's the job posting: If you are not interested, but know of others that might fit this role, I would really appreciate you sharing the info with them. Our organization is hiring in Tishomingo, Yukon/Mustang/Bethany, OKC, Durant, Edmond, Enid, Midwest City/Del City, Moore/Norman, Muskogee, Owasso, and Tulsa. I have posted the position we are trying to fill below and am hopeful that you may have someone that is looking for a long-term, stable employment opportunity. Please feel free to review our website for details at http://www.usicinc.com. Thanks and best to all of you. I hope this is helpful.
the check is in the mail!!yeah
- I just filed my claim on June 8th, and thank goodness my determination went in my favor. Bring on my checks! Never had a problem with the phone system or filing on-line in Oklahoma
- —Guest 53
How long should it take?
- I have lived in OK for 20 years and have worked solid for the entire time. Lots of times working a full and a part time job to help support my family and just to make ends meet. What I don't think is right or fair is how long they can take before they decide if you are approved or not. It should not take that long. All it should require is a simple phone call to the ex-employer. I am worried that I won't be approved because I was fired for stupid reasons. All I get when I check my status is the message "Payment was not made on this week because there is an unresolved issue based on your separation from your last employer." I wish they would say exactly what the heck that means. After all I worked for that company for almost 3 years, the job before that for 4 years and 8 years at the one before that. That adds up to 15 years employment with only a few weeks in between when looking for the next one.
- —Guest Guest
- I found the employees in the office to be very helpful. I found the online system to be pretty simple to navigate as well. I feel very fortunate to be able to receive benefits from the great state of Oklahoma.
- —Guest Furloughed worker
Losing Benefits mid way thur my semster
- I did not see this coming when I enrolled this semester. I have no ideal how I will support my family when my benefits run out in 4 weeks. I thought I would get to take advantage of tiers 2 and 3 as well. I wish I would have known this was going to happen. My family will be devestated.
- —Guest Chrsitine