The Lyric Theatre was founded in 1963 and is Oklahoma City's only professional, year-round musical theatre company. Performing both classic and contemporary musicals at the Thelma Gaylord Performing Arts Theatre in the Civic Center Music Hall
, Lyric also features edgier, more mature shows performed on the "Second Stage."
The Lyric Theatre business office and academy is located in Oklahoma City's Plaza District
at 1727 NW 16th St. Summer performances take place at the Civic Center Music Hall
at 201 N. Walker downtown while other shows are held at the historic, renovated Plaza Theatre (pictured).
Individual ticket prices for a Lyric Theatre production typically range from $20 to $45. Season ticket packages are also available which typically include 4 shows and range from $75 to $145.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Lyric Theatre ticket office at (405) 524-9312, the Civic Center box office at (405) 297-2264 or online through Tickets.com
Lyric Theatre productions typically run Tuesday through Saturday with evening performances each day beginning at 8pm. There is also usually an added Saturday afternoon matinee at 2pm.
The Lyric Theatre Academy offers musical theatre training and education for a diverse range of students. For more information, contact the Lyric Academy at (405) 524-9310.
- January 30-February 16 (Plaza Theatre): Some Enchanted Evening
- March 27-April 13 (Plaza Theatre): The Glass Menagerie
- June 25-29: Tarzan
- July 9-13: The King and I
- July 23-27: Will Rogers Follies
- August 6-10: Big River
- October 16-November 2 (Plaza Theatre): Rocky Horror
- November 29-December 29 (Plaza Theatre): A Christmas Carol
- January 29-February 15 (Plaza Theatre): The Odd Couple
- March 26-April 5 (Plaza Theatre): Triangle (A new musical)
- June 24-28: Les Miserables
- July 8-12: Little Mermaid
- July 22-26: Spamalot
- August 5-9: A Little Night Music
- October 8-25 (Plaza Theatre): An Inspector Calls
- November 28-December 27 (Plaza Theatre): A Christmas Carol