Held annually since 1969, the International Finals Rodeo is the championship event for the Oklahoma City-based International Professional Rodeo Association. The event is run toward the middle of January and features bull riding, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, steer wrestling and more.
The Oklahoma State Fairgrounds Arena at State Fair Park
2014 Dates and Times:
Event runs from January 17-19 with Friday action beginning at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday performances begin at 1:30 p.m., and on Sunday, gates will open early at 11:30 a.m. for the OG&E Kids' Day at the Rodeo.
Get a full schedule on the official site.
- Single performance tickets range from $10 to $30 and can be purchased by online or by calling (405) 948-6800.
- Tickets for all sessions are $120 and can be purchased by calling (918) 645-3749.
- RV sites are availablet. They include electricity, water and dump station and should be reserved by calling (405) 948-6704.
- There are a couple of hotels offering special International Finals Rodeo rates. Call (405) 235-6540 for more information.
- International Finals Rodeo merchandise can be purchased by calling (405) 235-6540.
Miss Rodeo USA Pageant:
In conjunction with the International Finals Rodeo, the International Professional Rodeo Association holds the annual Miss Rodeo USA Pageant.
With contestants from all over the United States, the pageant is judged based on personality, character, appearance and horsemanship. Contestants are 18-24 year old ladies who represent a rodeo, stock contractor, producer or other sponsor. The competition includes style shows, rodeo performances, interviews and more.
The 2013 Winner of Miss Rodeo USA, Lauren Terry, was crowned on January 20, 2013.
For more information on the event and to see candidate profiles, see the Miss Rodeo USA website.