Step one: Place the holiday lights on your house. Step two: Begin the inside decorations. Step three: Find a beautiful tree as the centerpiece.
If you prefer a live Christmas tree to an artificial one, there are a number of places in Oklahoma City where you can purchase a tree this year. And when the holidays are over, check the Christmas tree disposal policies in your community. Here's a list of several of the best places to go in the OKC metro to buy your own live Christmas tree, all members of the Oklahoma Christmas Tree Association:
- Coffee Creek Christmas Tree Farm - Growers Charles and Kathy Bullock's Coffee Creek Christmas Tree Farm is located a few miles off Hwy 66 near Arcadia. Call the number below for directions. The farm is open from November 25th to the 24th of December each day until dark. Beautiful Virginia Pine, Austrian Pines and Loblolly Pines are available.
13899 NE Coffee Creek Road
- Sorghum Mill Christmas Tree and Blackberry Farm - Choose your tree from a variety that includes Virginia Pine, Scotch Pine, White Pine, Austrian Pine, Loblolly Pine, Leyland Cypress, Colorado Blue Spruce and more. Fresh pre-cut trees available. Open from 1-7pm during the week and 10am - 7pm on the weekends, Sorghum Mill Christmas Tree and Blackberry Farm is located off Covell in north Edmond. Get directions online.
7121 Midwest Lane (Edmond)
- All Pine Products - Jean Collins and Mike Holdaway operate this "choose and cut" farm in Yukon. At no cost, you can have your chosen one tree stand drilled and loaded on your vehicle. All Pine Products is open from 3-6 Monday through Friday and 10am-6pm on the weekend.
2205 S. Mustang Rd. (Yukon)
- W6 Pines Christmas Tree Farm - Have some cider and candy canes as your tree of choice is loaded on your vehicle at W6 Pines Christmas Tree Farm in Choctaw. Operators Harold & Jane Weaver offer "choose and cut" Virginia Pine and Scotch Pine as well as wreaths and tree stands.
15600 Kent Drive (Choctaw)
- Four Daughters Tree Farm - 2007 was the first year in business for John and Gail Fletcher's Four Daughters Tree Farm off the I-35 Tecumseh exit near Norman. Virginia and Scotch pines are available from 3 to 5pm during the week, 9am-5pm on Saturdays and 12:30-5pm Sundays.
4614 Churchill Downs Dr. (Norman)
- Goddard Tree Farm - Take the Robinson exit from I-35 and head east 7 miles to the Goddard Tree Farm plantation. Owners Merrill & Shirley Snider have a limited number of pre-cut imported firs as well as the traditional Scotch Pines and Virginia Pines.
5209 E. Robinson (Norman)
- White's Christmas Tree Farm - One of several near Norman, White's is located several miles south of Hwy 9 off SE 120. Virginia Pines are available as are holiday wreaths and greenery.
11714 Maguire Rd. (Norman)
- The Christmas Tree Farm - Operators Bill and Jean Raisey have been growing Christmas trees since 1985. Choose your tree, and it's cut on the spot. Prices range from $6-7 per foot depending on kind of tree. Open from 10am until dark during the week and 9am to dark on weekends, the Christmas Tree Farm is located off Highway 39 in Purcell. Get directions online.
19679 Johnson (Purcell)
- Canadian Valley Tree Farm - If you're down south of Norman, consider the Canadian Valley Tree Farm near Lexington. It's 3 miles southeast of Noble on Hwy 77 and features real live Alaskan reindeer.
9621 Pecan Tree Circle (Lexington)