The Bottom Line
- Very reasonable prices
- Casual and relaxed diner atmosphere
- Traditional favorites as well as specialty omelets
- A number of convenient locations around the metro
- Most locations are often very busy
- Service and dining room condition depend on location
- Definitely not the place to go to if you're looking for upscale breakfast dining
- Location: With 11 OKC locations, original at 1616 N. May Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
- Directions: The original is located on May at NW 16th. Exit I-44 at NW 10th and go east to May or I-40 at May and go north.
- Phone: (405) 942-8710
Guide Review - Jimmy's Egg
It is, after all, a very casual, diner-type restaurant that specializes in breakfast and lunch. This is not the place to go if you're looking for an upscale dining experience. Depending on the location, you'll likely find a crowded, bustling restaurant with only decent service from my experience. The food, though, is the reason to go.
If you're a breakfast food fan, as I am, and like to occasionally enjoy a big, filling feast, you'll likely enjoy this much more than IHOP. Specialty omelet options include those with meats and cheese as well as vegetable. Feeling adventurous (and have plenty of antacids on hand)? Try the "Heartburn," a cheese omelet smothered in chili beans and onion.
You also won't be able to beat the prices at Jimmy's Egg. With most meals, you get the option of potato (hash-browns, home-fried potatoes) and bread (homemade, toast, biscuits and gravy). And a hearty meat and egg breakfast or stack of pancakes won't cost you more than 4 or 5 bucks.
Check out About.com Reader Reviews of Jimmy's Egg and then Submit Your Rating.