Here are the photo submission guidelines. Please read them carefully before sending your pictures.
Please e-mail pictures using this link.
For all photo submissions:
- Place "Photo Submission" in the e-mail subject line.
- Use JPG Format.
- Large photos can be reduced, but small photos often lose clarity when enlarged. Try not to send very small pictures.
- That said, please don't send pictures more than 1MB in size. A good size for a photo submission is 500x500 pixels.
- Send your photo as an attachment to the e-mail rather than embedded within the body. Embedded photos are handled differently by different mail clients, so downloading an attachment is much easier. Also, if sending multiple pictures, please ZIP them up. Many mail clients do this automatically.
- Full name (first and last)
- Whether you want your name (or an alias) displayed with the photo
- E-mail address (will not be displayed)
- Detailed information on when and where you took the picture(s)
- Cut and Paste the following disclaimer in your e-mail:
"I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to About.com. About.com and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify About.com for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material."
Any photo submission not adhering to these guidelines can not be published on About Oklahoma City nor used in any of the site's photo galleries.
I will notify you if your picture is used on About Oklahoma City.