Often ranked as one of the top 10 zoos in the United States, the Oklahoma City Zoo is also the oldest in the Southwest. With over 100 landscaped areas and a number of exotic animals, the OKC Zoo features special exhibits such as the Cat Forest, Great EscAPE, Butterfly Garden, Island Life, and Aquatics.
In addition, there are special shows, concessions, tours, outreach programs, rides and picnic areas. The Zoo Amphitheater is also a treat, offering outside live music.
See animals and more in this Oklahoma City Zoo image gallery
Hours of Operation:
The Oklahoma City Zoo is open every day of the year except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Summer: April through September - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays. Guests may not remain in the park after 8 p.m.
- Offseason: From October through March - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Guests may not remain in the park after 5 p.m.
2101 NE 50th Street - Just off Martin Luther King Avenue, South of I-44 and West of I-35. Just South of Remington Park in the area known as the Adventure District.
Get a detailed map and driving directions to the Oklahoma City Zoo.
Regular rates are:
Adults (12-64) - $8
Kids (3-11) - $5
Seniors (65+) - $5
Children (Under 3) - Free
Group Rates are available and discounts begin at 15 people. For more information on Group Rates, call (405) 425-0264.
Free Admission & Specials:
The Oklahoma City Zoo offers free admission Mondays during the months of December, January and February. In addition, July 17th brings the zoo's annual Sales Tax Appreciation Day on which visitors receive free admission.
Every Wednesday in July and August is "Way Back Wednesday." The OKC Zoo is offers "groovy retro" of only $1 per person. Plus, take advantage of $1 Sea Lion shows, carousel rides, regular hot dogs, small drinks and small popcorn.
- Single Strollers: $5
- Double Strollers-Double: $8
- Wagons: $8
- Wheelchairs: $5
- Electric Convenience Vehicles: $25
- Safari Cart: $30/two hours (2-hour minimum, reservations 24 hours in advance required)
- Pet Hotel: $1
- Lockers: $1
Special Attraction Rates:
- Sea Lion Show: Adult $2, Child $1 (Under 3 FREE)
- Feed Lorikeets: $3 (seasonal)
- Safari Tram: Adult $3.50, Child $2.50 - unlimited (Under 3 FREE)
- Swan Paddleboats: $7/boat, 30 min.
- Centennial Choo Choo: Adult $2, Child $1/ride (Under 3 FREE)
- Carousel: $2/ride
Canopy Food Court - 300 seat, indoor restaurant with many food choices such as Pizza, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and Mexican.
Catering - Catering and facility rental is available. Call (405) 425-0289 for more information.
Extras - ATM, disability access, a first aid station, nursing and diaper changing stations and Lost and Found services available.
Rules - Pets, roller blades, skates, frisbees, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and straws are not permitted.
Exhibits and Features:
- Asian-themed Elephant Habitat: Opened in 2011, the new $13 million dollar elephant habitat is the largest exhibit ever built at the zoo, spanning nine and a half acres. The state-of-the-art exhibit features three outdoor yards, pools, a waterfall, a demonstration pavilion and more.
- Children’s Zoo: Opened in 2010, the 2.5 acre Children's Zoo allows kids the opportunity to "explore, touch, and immerse themselves in a natural environment that will stimulate their imagination, encourage exploration and give them a greater appreciation for nature."
- Oklahoma Trails: Opened on March 10, 2007, the Oklahoma Trails feature natural habitats and over 100 Oklahoma native species.
- Cat Forest / Lion Overlook: The 4.2 acre habitat features lions, tigers, snow leapords and a variety of wild cats.
- Great EscAPE: On 6 acres, this exhibit features gorillas, orangutans and chimpanzees in a tropical forest.
- Aquatics: With marine life from all around the world, the Aquatics exhibit contains over 1500 creatures.
- Butterfly Garden: The 20,000 square foot exhibit contains over 15,000 plants with the aim of attracting butterflys.
- Island Life: From the Caribbean to Madagascar to the Philippines, the Island Life exhibits feature snakes, birds, turtles, frogs, reptiles... the list goes on and on.
- Sea Lion Show: A fantastic experience for the whole family, the show features sea lions and birds in a crowd-pleasing tandem.
- Zoo Amphitheatre: With a number of outside performances, music and much more, the Amphitheater offers a unique entertainment option.
Nearby Hotels and Lodging:
- Best Western Plus Broadway
6101 N Santa Fe Avenue
Approximately 2 miles from the Oklahoma City Zoo
- Clarion Hotel
6200 N Robinson Ave.
Less than 3 miles from the Oklahoma City Zoo
- Courtyard by Marriott
1515 NW Expressway
Less than 4 miles from the Oklahoma City Zoo
- Hawthorn Suites
1600 Richmond Square
Less than 4 miles from the Oklahoma City Zoo