OKC Public TransportationOklahoma City's public transportation system is called METRO Transit. Created in 1966 by the City of Oklahoma City and servicing an estimated 3 million riders annually, METRO Transit is responsible for:
- Bus service in Oklahoma City and Midwest City with express to Norman
- The Downtown Discovery (free)
- Downtown off-street public parking
- Oklahoma River Cruises
How Much is the Bus in OKC?A single-trip Oklahoma City bus fare is $1.50. An express single-trip bus fare is $2.25. Transfers, issued only at the time a fare is paid and valid only during the time listed (minimum expiration of 1 hour and 30 minutes), are free.
"Special Patron" fares are available at $0.75 ($1.10 express) for seniors (60+), persons with disabilities, Medicare cardholders and kids ages 7-17. To qualify for a reduced disability fare, one must submit an application.
Children 6 and under ride for free when accompanied by a paying adult, and bus service is FREE on the 3rd Friday of each month during the summer in lieu of ozone alert days.
Four OKC bus pass options are available. The $15 card can be used on any bus or METRO Lift service. Unlimited ride passes are valid for 30 days at a cost of $50 ($25 for Special Patron), for 7 days at a cost of $14 ($7 for Special Patron) or for 1 day at a cost of $4 ($2 for Special Patron).
How Do I Buy OKC Bus Tickets or Passes?Riders can pay for Oklahoma City bus tickets, of course, on the bus itself through exact change. Also, bus tickets and passes can be purchased at the customer service window in the Downtown Transit Center (420 NW 5th St.).
Passes are available at "Neighborhood Pass Outlets":
- Buy For Less (2500 N Penn): Routes 7, 8, 23
- Buy For Less (1104 SE 44th): Route 14
- Buy For Less (2121 W Hefner): Route 5
- Buy For Less (3501 NW Expressway): Routes 8, 10
- Buy For Less (10011 SE 15th): Route 15
- Buy For Less (2701 SW 29th): Routes 11, 12
Find an OKC Bus ScheduleAs of late 2010, METRO Transit currently operates over 20 bus routes in Oklahoma City. A list is below. Also, download a full system map or see the individual route maps at gometro.com.
*Note that service does not run on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Route 1: Garden Day/NE 23 & Bryant
- Route 2: Miramar/NE 23rd & Lottie
- Route 3: Park Estates/NE 10th & Lincoln
- Route 4: Belle Isle/NW 23rd & Walker
- Route 5: Quail Springs/NW 63rd & Western
- Route 7: N May/NW 63 & Independence
- Route 8: French Market/Wilshire & Lyrewood Ln.
- Route 9: Reno/Reno & May
- Route 10: N Portland/NW 16th & Penn
- Route 11: Airport/Oak Grove/SW 44th & Independence/S Meridian
- Route 12: OKC Community College/SW 29th & May
- Route 13: Capitol Hill/SW 74th & S Western
- Route 14: SE OKC/SE 59th & Sunnylane
- Route 15: Midwest City/Reno & Douglas
- Route 16: Exchange/SW 89th & Penn
- Route 18: State Capitol/NE 13th & Lincoln/Musgrave
- Route 19: Green Pastures/NE OK County/NE 39th & Hiwassee
- Route 20: SE OKC/Crossroads/SE 74th & Shields
- Route 22: ML King Blvd/Zoo/Remington Park
- Route 23: N 23 St Crosstown/NW 10th & Council
- Route 24: Sooner Express
- Route 38: Fairgrounds/NW 10th & MacArthur
- Route 40: S Walker/SW 104th & Santa Fe