The holidays are a season of celebration and merriment, but that cheerful spirit occasionally results in excess at holiday parties and gatherings. And while it is most definitely a festive time, it's important that doesn't spill over onto the Oklahoma City roads and highways.
Getting a taxi is certainly an option. But also know that AAA Oklahoma provides a free service each year called "Tipsy Tow" for those who shouldn't drive after holiday parties. They will pick you up and take you home as well as towing your vehicle, making metro roads safer for everyone this time of year.
Here are the details on "Tipsy Tow":
- Membership in AAA is not required
- There are no questions asked
- Service is available within a 15 mile radius from pickup to home
- It is available around the clock from mid-December through January 1st and for the Thanksgiving holiday from 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 25 until 10 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 29
- In addition to the winter holidays, the Tipsy Tow service is now available over Memorial Day weekend
- Participating areas include Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Muskogee, Ardmore, Enid, Lawton, Norman and Shawnee