If you use the Oklahoma turnpikes on a regular basis, and it's difficult not to with how many we have, you may want to consider getting a PIKEPASS. A small tag that goes on the inside of your front windshield, PIKEPASS allows you to drive right through toll collection plazas and simply have the charge electronically posted to your account. It's easier and even a bit cheaper.
Time Required: Just a few minutes
- You first need to set-up your PIKEPASS account. You will need to make sure you have these things in order to establish a PIKEPASS account.
- Valid Photo ID
- Valid Credit Card or Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- License Plate Number of Primary Vehicle(s)
- With this information in hand, there are three options to get an application.
- In Adobe PDF format online
- Have one mailed or faxed to you by calling 1-800-PIKEPASS
- Or in person at a PIKEPASS store location. See here for a searchable list of locations.
- After completing the application, you will need to submit it to one of the PIKEPASS store locations or you can mail it to:
Oklahoma Turnpike Authority
4401 W. Memorial Rd., Suite 130
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
- Once you have received your PIKEPASS tag (this takes only minutes in person or 2-4 weeks by mail), you'll need to mount it on your windshield. This is done by first cleaning the area behind the rearview mirror with rubbing alcohol. After it's dry, you simply remove the tape from the PIKEPASS tag and press it firmly against the windshield behind the rearview mirror. *Make sure it is at least 2 inches from any metal surface, including the mirror arm.
- You can make PIKEPASS payments in a variety of ways. Debit/Credit card payments can be made over the phone by calling 1-800-PIKEPASS from 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday, except state holidays.
Cash payments can be made in person at any PIKEPASS store or you can mail check or money order payments (include your account number) to:
PO Box 268803
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73126-8803
- Remember: You're saving money by using a PIKEPASS rather than paying at each plaza. As long as the vehicle is the same classification, you can even use your PIKEPASS in multiple cars.
- PIKEPASS users receive an average 5% savings, and a 5% additional discount for 20 or more transactions a month.
- A 2-axle classification includes nearly every typical car, SUV or pick-up. PIKEPASS tags can be transferred amongst them.
- If you forgot your PIKEPASS tag and went through a plaza without paying, you need to contact one of the Customer Service Centers to avoid receiving a fine.
- PIKEPASS tags can NOT be used in states other than Oklahoma at this time, although the state is said to be working on establishing a system for it.
- If your PIKEPASS is lost of stolen, call a Customer Service Center immediately. You are responsible for toll charges incurred until it has been reported stolen.