If you're traveling abroad, you will of course need a passport in Oklahoma City. Here are the instructions on how and where to obtain a passport in the Oklahoma City area.
Time Required: Varies
- Passport applicants must apply in person. You need to go to the Oklahoma County Courthouse, the office of the Court Clerk, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. at: 320 Robert S. Kerr, Room 402. You can also go to the passport application location the Edmond Community Center: 28 East Main. It is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- For processing, you will need the following:
- Proof of citizenship such as certified copy of birth certificate (from state registrar's office) or naturalization certificate
- Proof of identity such as a valid driver's license, state or federal ID or pilot's license. Under 18 will use parent's ID.
- Two photographs of yourself taken within the last 6 months. They must be 2x2, clear, front view with full face visible on a plain, light background.
- Fees: Adults, considered to be those 16 and over, must pay $110. Minors are $80. These payments should be made out to: U.S. Department of State
In addition, the passport location charges an execution fee of $25 for all applicants. This is separate from the application fee and should be made out to: Patricia Presley, Court Clerk
- With all of those things prepared, you can submit your application for a passport. Applications are then mailed to a processing agency, and it will be about 6 weeks before your passport is ready.
- School photos or snapshots won't be accepted, and the picture needs to have a light-colored background. Check the yellow pages for a photographer and have your pictures taken professionally.
- Only checks, money orders and cashier's checks are accepted for payment of federal fee. The execution fee may be paid in cash or by check. The Edmond location only accepts check or money order.
- Only a certified copy of your birth certificate will do, and only a birth certificate obtained from the state or county. Hospital birth certificates are not valid.
- Passport book processing can be expedited by paying an additional $60 per person. This cuts the time down to about 3 weeks. Providing 2 pre-paid overnight envelopes will cut the time even further. Consider this if you need your passport quickly.