Thanksgiving is a true family holiday for folks in Oklahoma City, the chance to enjoy a huge meal with loved ones, do a little shopping, prepare for the upcoming Christmas season and give thanks for all of our blessings.
This is your Thanksgiving in Oklahoma City Headquarters. Get all the information you need for nearly every aspect of the holiday from food and shopping to events and travel.
Thanksgiving DinnerA large family feast is one of the great traditions on Thanksgiving. Whether it be the traditional turkey and pumpkin pie or something different, Thanksgiving is a time to enjoy food with loved ones.
- Examine prices and experiences of the best spots for Thanksgiving Grocery Shopping in OKC.
- If you want the big Thanksgiving meal but don't or can't cook, check with the restaurants that offer Thanksgiving Dinners.
- And last but not least, you can always head out to eat on Thanksgiving. Check the Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving.
Black Friday ShoppingNext to the mammoth meals, the kick-off of the holiday shopping season may be the thing most synonymous with Thanksgiving and the days immediately following.
- Check out the great specials for Black Friday Shopping in Oklahoma City.
- Consider unique gift options for OKC Residents, Thunder fans, OU fans and OSU fans.
- Make things easier on yourself by buying up plenty of Great Gift Cards in OKC.
- And if all that doesn't do it, just shop until you drop at Quail Springs Mall, Penn Square Mall,Crossroads Mall or Sooner Mall.
Thanksgiving Events and AttractionsIf the turkey hasn't put you to sleep, get out of the house with the family and experience all the season as to offer in Oklahoma City.
- The Turkey Trot Classic takes place the day after Thanksgiving.
- The Downtown in December festivities typically begin at Thanksgiving.
- Watch the Holiday River Parade of boats on the Oklahoma river just after Thanksgiving.
- Check the November Event Calendar for other metro activities.
Thanksgiving TravelWhether you're heading to a family member's house for Thanksgiving dinner, making your way around the metro shopping or coming into town for one of the events noted above, be safe and knowledgeable with your travels.
- Check what Highway or Road Impediments may slow you down.
- Make sure you know the major OKC Roads and Highways.
- See any congestion on OKC traffic cameras.
- Make Oklahoma highway travel easier with a Pikepass.
- Save money by filling up with the cheapest gas in the metro.
- Or if flying, get to know Will Rogers Airport.
Preparing for ChristmasMany people use Thanksgiving weekend as the kickoff to the Christmas season, preparing their decorations and planning holiday-themed December happenings.
- Learn how to Hang Christmas Lights on your OKC home.
- Head to a Metro Area Christmas Tree Farm to pick out that perfect tree.
- Soon, the Great Holiday Lights will begin to appear around Oklahoma City.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!