Also, get a complete guide to Oklahoma City on July 4th, with information on events, fireworks, lakes, travel, recipes and more.
Yukon's Freedom FestThe city of Yukon celebrates the nation's birthday with a huge Freedom Fest event. With free admission to all events, the celebration includes two nights of fireworks displays, outdoor evening concerts, kid's activities, a triathlon, volleyball tournament and more.
Date and Times: The celebration begins at 5 p.m. on July 3rd with live music and a Tribute to Veterans. The first night's fireworks follow at 10 p.m.
July 4th brings a full day of activities such as:
- Cherry Bomb Triathlon (8 a.m.)
- Unique Sand Art Contest (9 a.m.)
- Car show (10 a.m. - 3 p.m.) with live performances by the Roland Bowling Band (10 a.m.) and Mike Black and the Stingrays (noon to 3 p.m.)
- Children's parade along Jim Watson Drive (begins at 11 a.m.)
- Children's "Best Decorated Bicycle" contest (11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
- Craft and play area (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- United Freestyle Stunt Team (Performances at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.)
- City Splash open for free swimming (noon to 6 p.m.)
- Super Freak in concert (5-7:30 p.m.)
- Free watermelon and ice cream (7 p.m.)
- Hot dog eating contest (8 p.m.)
- Oklahoma City Philharmonic with Susan Powell (8:30 p.m.)
- Fireworks(10 p.m.)
Admission: Admission to all Freedom Fest events is free.
Rules: Feel free to bring your lawn chairs.
Nearby Hotels and Lodging: Those coming in from out of town for Yukon's Freedom Fest may be interested in the following nearby hotels.
- Hampton Inn
1351 Canadian Court
Less than 2 miles
- Best Western Inn & Suites
11440 W I-40 Service Road
Less than 4 miles
- Comfort Suites
11424 NW 4th Street
Less than 4 miles
- Holiday Inn Express (Bethany)
7840 NW 39 Expressway
Approximately 6 miles