If you're looking to do some home improvements, you may be able to save a significant amount of money on new appliance purchases through the energy-efficient rebate program from Oklahoma Natural Gas. Homeowners who currently have electric can also take advantage by converting to natural gas and signing up with ONG.
Started in September of 2011, the program provides millions of dollars each year to residential and eligible commercial Oklahoma Natural Gas customers, offered on a first-come, first-serve basis for qualifying units installed or serviced after September 14, 2011. Installation and/or servicing must be done by an Oklahoma licensed contractor, and rebates are available through 2016. Here are the specific eligible items and application instructions.
Rebate Items & Amounts:
- $30 - 26-point heating system checkup
- $150 - Purchase and installation of 92% to 94.9% efficient natural gas furnace or boiler
- $550 - Purchase and installation of 95% efficient natural gas furnace or boiler
- $1,950 - Electric to natural gas furnace conversion
- $50 - Purchase and installation of new natural gas water heater with energy factor of .67 or higher
- $250 - Purchase and installation of new natural gas tankless or condensing water heater with energy factor of .82 or higher
- $850 - Electric to natural gas water heater conversion
- $400 - Purchase and installation of new natural gas clothes dryer
- $750 - Eligible new home construction that meets "ONE in Energy New Home Program" guidelines
New Rebate Items:
The following items are new to the ONG Energy-Efficient Rebate Program as of 2014. Qualifying purchases are those after December 31, 2013.
- $350 - Purchase and installation of 82% efficient natural gas hydronic heating system
- $100 - Purchase of new natural gas range
- $100 - Installation of and/or additional natural gas piping for new natural gas range
To apply for an Oklahoma Natural Gas energy-efficiency rebate, simply download and fill out the application form. Note that applications must be submitted within 90 days of the service/installation. The application should be mailed, along with a dated copy of the purchase receipt and/or invoice of completed work, to the following address:
Oklahoma Natural Gas
P.O. Box 401
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-0401
Rebate checks are typically mailed six to eight weeks after approval. For more information on program requirements, see OklahomaNaturalGas.com/rebates or call (800) 208-7267.