1. Travel
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Free Income Tax Filing Help in Oklahoma City


We are always looking to save money, and in Oklahoma City there are plenty of ways to do so. One that people overlook, though, is income tax filing. A number of entities in Oklahoma City off free income tax filing help, so rather than paying an accountant or a tax preparation company a large part of your income tax return, see if you're eligible.

Here is information on what entities offer free tax filing assistance in the Oklahoma City metro area. If you know of another organization or service to add to the list, just let me know.

OKC Organizations Offering Free Tax Filing Assistance

  • Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) - A national program sponsored by the IRS, VITA offers free tax help from trained volunteers. It is intended for low to moderate-income people (under $50,000) with basic tax returns. Oklahoma City area sites include University of Central Oklahoma, Midwest City Community Center, Norman Public Library, OSU-OKC, Mid-America Christian University, Yukon Senior Center and more.

    See a complete list and schedule for VITA sites in OKC. For more information, call (800) 906-9887.

  • American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) - AARP also participates in the volunteer program through the IRS, offering free tax help to everyone, with an emphasis on the elderly. Oklahoma City sites include Belle Isle Library, Del City Library, Edmond Library, The Village Library, Warr Acres Library, Midwest City Senior Citizens Center, Norman Public Library, Norman Senior Citizens Center, Yukon Senior Citizens Center and more.

    See a list and schedule for AARP sites in OKC. For more information, call (888) 687-2277.

  • Community Action Agency - OKC's Community Action Agency offers tax assistance at several sites, including Metro Technology Centers.  Back tax filing is available at the central office (319 S.W. 25th St.).

    For more information, call (405) 232-0199.

* IMPORTANT: For tax filing assistance, you must bring photo identification; Social Security Cards for the Taxpayer, their spouse and dependents; Birth Dates for primary, secondary and dependents on the tax return; Current year’s tax package if received; Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers; Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099); A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available; Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit; Other relevant information about income and expenses; Total Amount Paid for Day Care; and Day Care provider Identifying number.

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.