Uniform RequirementsApproved by a council vote in order to "to promote and to maintain an orderly and safe learning environment,"the Oklahoma City Public Schools district requires specific clothing to be worn by their students as of the 2013-2014 school year. Here are the details on the requirements:
- Each school may designate its own specific rules regarding the uniform, but all must allow khaki pants and white shirts.
- School administrators are also permitted exceptions for sports, activities and spirit days.
- No student can be penalized or denied school attendance for failing to abide by the uniform requirements if that is due to financial hardship.
- Schools will develop procedures to assist students for whom the the uniform policy presents a financial hardship
Uniform DetailsAlthough the requirements vary by school and you should contact the specific OKCPS School for exact dress code, here are the general components of a school uniform:
- Tucked Polo-style collared shirts
- Dark or khaki-colored pants or slacks that do not sag
- Same as Boys except that some schools also allow dark or khaki-colored skirts or skirt-shorts