After a trial period in which seven Oklahoma City area schools utilized the method, the entire Oklahoma City Public Schools district decided to adopt the year long schedule for 2013-2014 and beyond. Get information on the year-round calendar and the specific schools that follow the year-round model below.
2013-2014 Year-Round Calendar ScheduleIn general, year-round schooling consists of spacing out the breaks rather than having a long summer break. Continuous learning schools typically take a two-week fall break in October, a three-week winter break in December and a two-week spring break in March but have only about 8 weeks off in the summer rather than the traditional 12 plus. Both year-round and traditional calendars contain the exact same number of educational days.
For the 2013-2014 school session, year-round schools in Oklahoma City follow this schedule:
- August 5th: Classes Begin
- September 2nd: No Classes (Labor Day)
- September 6th: No Classes (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- October 14-25: No Classes (Fall Break)
- November 27-29: No Classes (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 18th - January 2nd: No Classes (Winter Break)
- January 3rd: No Classes (Professional Development)
- January 20th: No Classes (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- February 7th: No Classes (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- March 10-21: No Classes (Spring Break)
- May 26th: No Classes (Memorial Day)
- May 30th: Last Day of Classes