The little ones (under 3) get in free, but the others will only set you back a few bucks. Group rates are available, and the Zoo has birthday packages as well.
2101 NE 50th Street
Go fishing, ride the train, pet the animals, ride the carousel, play on the playground, sample the jams and jellies or ride the pedal carts on the Orr Grand Prix. For birthday parties, holiday events or just for a family night, this one wins quite easily in the fun-for-the-buck ratio.
14400 S. Western
Grab a group and go together for special rates, convince your child's school to consider a field trip or set up a Science Spectacular birthday package.
2100 NE 52nd St.
The Museum has programs for school classes as well as available reservations for special events.
2401 Chautauqua Avenue, Norman
Meet the animals on a guided tour, getting up close and personal to see how they live. Hosting birthday parties and holding occasional events, Tiger Safari is a fun way for the kids to learn a little bit.
Frisco Rd. off Hwy 37 south of Tuttle
3300 Market Place Dr.
7. OKC Skating Rinks - Ice or RollerThere are more location options than I could possibly list. Depending on preference, going ice or roller skating is a great way to have fun while staying active, something kids don't seem to do enough these days.
Here are a couple of options, and most have some kind of group/birthday package as well:
- Arctic Edge Ice Arena (Edmond): (405) 748-5454
- Blazers Ice Centre (South OKC): (405) 631-3307
- Southwestern Skate Center (S. Western): (405) 632-5484
- Fun Skate Ctr (N. Penn): (405) 751-0310
Cactus Jack's does parties and after-hour rentals, and if you're a big spender, check out the VIP party option that includes a limousine.
1211 N Council Rd.
Celebration Station gets the kids outside for rides, minigolf and more, and it has all the junk food favorites such as pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers. Save yourself some money, though, by checking out the package deals and specials ahead of time.
509 Westline Drive
10. GattiTownPreviously an Incredible Pizza, GattiTown is a popular spot for birthday parties. It offers all you can eat pizza/pasta buffet, a large game room and amusement options such as miniature golf and go-karts. Click above for a full attraction review.
5833 NW Expressway
11. Chuck E. CheeseSimilar to the above two, here's yet another for that food and fun concept. Chuck E. Cheese has a smaller atmosphere than a place like GattiTown but may be better for the youngsters who can't play all the video games.
Chuck E. Cheese: 7601 S. Walker
(405) 631-7619 and
6817 NW Expressway