The 9th annual Holiday River Parade on the Oklahoma River will light up downtown on Friday, November 29, 2013 with the theme "Celebrating 20 years of MAPS". As many as 20 boats, decorated in holiday lights, will parade the river as a spectacular fireworks display adorns the sky. Also, this year's edition features a water ski show and the arrival of Santa.
Entry forms for boat registration are available from most metro area boat dealers or online. Boat height must be 12 feet or less from water level.
The viewing area is at the Boathouse District at 700 South Lincoln.
The viewing areas open at 4 p.m. on Friday, November 23rd. Activities will begin at 6 p.m., with a fireworks display shortly thereafter, and the parade starts around dusk.
Admission and parking are both free.
For more information, call (405) 602-1531.
The boat entry winners of the 2012 Holiday River Parade were:
- Mayor's Award: YWCA
- Grand Marshal's Award: Terry Townsend & Family
- Chairman's Award: OKC Public Works
- Corporate Category: First prize goes to Mercy Hospital. Second prize goes to OKC Boathouse District
- Nonprofit Category: First prize goes to Allied Arts & Children's Theatre. Second prize goes to OKC Rotary Club and third prize goes to the Salvation Army
- Private/Individual Category: Kortney Killman wins first prize. Second prize goes to Robert Mansell and third prize goes to Dub Stone Construction.