The month of July is nearly over, the summer moving along quickly, and this weekend brings a few exciting theatrical events. For example, Lyric Theatre presents "Spamalot" at the Civic Center Music Hall through Saturday. As you may know, the musical comedy is an adaptation of the classic film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," and its book and lyrics are by Monty Python alum Eric Idle. Get Lyric company and ticket details.
Also, in the Civic Center Music Hall's Freede Little Theatre, Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park presents "Pericles." Tickets are only $15 for general admission or $10 for students, seniors and military. Call the box office at (405) 297-2264.
Elsewhere around the metro this weekend...
- Tacos, pizza, ice cream, hot dogs, egg rolls, waffles, fried chicken and so much more... It's all on the menu, as an incredible 46 food trucks come together for the H&8th Night Market on Friday. With live music and a festival atmosphere, it's one of the metro's best monthly events.
- "Dive In Movies" at White Water Bay are shown Friday nights in July, included with park admission. This week's movie is "Iron Man 3."
- "The Karate Kid" will be shown Friday as part of the FAA Credit Union Summer Movie Series in the Boathouse District.
- This week's Sunday Twilight Concert Series on the Myriad Gardens Great Lawn features Latin tunes from The Salsa Shakers.
- Down in Norman, the Larry Mitchell Trio performs Sunday as part of the Summer Breeze series.
- Three Dog Night is in concert at Frontier City on Saturday.
- Make your way to Edmond's UCO Jazz Lab Saturday night for The Mojo Men featuring: Heath Jones & recording artist Anthony Snape. Get venue & ticket information.
- The WWE LIVE SummerSlam Heatwave Tour comes to the Chesapeake Energy Arena Saturday. Get venue & ticket information.
- Downtown Edmond's annual Krazy Daze shopping event is Saturday.
- The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum celebrates National Day of the American Cowboy on Saturday with special events such as the coronation of Miss Rodeo Oklahoma.
- And finally among the highlights, see professional riders show off at the Greater Oklahoma Hunter Jumper Horse Show at State Fair Park through Sunday. Get full details at goshow.org.
You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.