Yes, it'll be a little hotter this weekend than the downright cool temperatures of the early week, but it's nothing compared to what we saw about this time in 2011 or 2012. I'm knocking on wood when I say it, of course, but the summer of 2014 has been excellent so far.
The temperatures are perfect to get outside and enjoy a free outdoor concert. The Sunday Twilight series on the Myriad Gardens lawn features rock, soul and pop tunes from The Wurly Birds. Settle on a blanket Sunday evening before the 7:30 p.m. start time.
Elsewhere around the metro this weekend...
- Catch Tesla at Frontier City on Sunday, part of the summer concert series.
- The RedHawks are home this weekend against Nashville.
- "Dive In Movies" at White Water Bay are shown every Friday night in July, included with park admission. This week's movie is "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
- Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park's production of "Antony & Cleopatra" concludes Friday.
- Drive over to El Reno for a Main Street Downtown Block party with live entertainment, children's activities and more. For details, call (405) 262-8888.
- If you want to be inside, Riverwind Casino has Vince Gill in concert on Friday. Get venue & ticket information.
- The Blue Door hosts the Texas Magpies Sunday.
- Carpenter Square Theatre presents "Mistakes Were Made." through Saturday.
- Sunday brings an Oklahoma City Roller Derby bout.
- How about a bowling event to raise money for those beautiful rhinos at the zoo? Bowling for Rhinos takes place Saturday at Heritage Lanes on 122nd and Penn. For $25 to support rhino conservation, you get shoe rental, three games of bowling, dinner, door prize opportunities and a t-shirt. Call (405) 425-0262 for registration information.
- And finally among the highlights, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art has a French Cinema Weekend featuring "Le Chef," "Queen Margot" and more.
You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.