The Cox Convention Center is again the place to be this weekend for a major metro event. Through Sunday, the 2013 Bart & Nadia Sports & Health Festival includes a fitness challenge, informational booths, health screenings, Thunder & Barons activities for kids, prize giveaways, gymnastics invitational and more. Also, in conjunction with the festival, Oklahoma City Riversport and the University of Central Oklahoma present several exciting events. The former has an indoor rowing and kayaking competition and a RUNderground race in the downtown Underground while the latter hosts challenges in powerlifting, archery and more. See the official site for detailed information and schedule.
Elsewhere this weekend...
- On Sunday, Armstrong Auditorium north of Edmond presents Band of Scots Guards and Pipes and Drums of the Black Watch. Get venue & ticket information.
- Maybe screaming engines and smashing metal is the perfect antidote to follow your Valentine's Day... If so, check out Monster Jam at the Chesapeake Energy Arena on Saturday and Sunday. Get venue & ticket information.
- It's your last chance to see Lyric at the Plaza's "Some Enchanted Evening." The production closes Saturday.
- Similarly, the Oklahoma City Theatre Company's "Crimes of the Heart" concludes Sunday at the Civic Center's City Space Theatre.
- In sports, it's the All-Star break for the Thunder. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook will both play in the 62nd NBA All-Star Game on Sunday at 8 p.m.
- And the Sooners and Cowboys men's teams meet Saturday at 12:30 p.m. for Bedlam basketball part two in Stillwater.
- In music, hear the soul/funk sounds of Greg Trooper at The Blue Door on Friday.
- Catch Tony-nominated Broadway actor Tom Wopat, also known as Luke Duke from the "Dukes of Hazard," Saturday at the UCO Jazz Lab.
- Or enjoy the Doobie Brothers Friday at Lucky Star Casino in Concho.
- And finally among the highlights, the OKC Museum of Art is showing, among others this weekend, Oscar-nominated films "Beasts of the Southern Wild," "Moonrise Kingdom" and the animated "Pirates! Band of Misfits."
Are you attending any of the above events, or has something else caught your eye this weekend? Let us know below. You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.
Follow me on Twitter