We are very nearly through the first month of 2013, and there are several highlight events around the metro this weekend. For example, the Oklahoma City Philharmonic presents "The Music of Michael Jackson" Friday and Saturday at the Civic Center Music Hall as part of the 2012-13 Pops series. Featuring James Delisco, the show includes hits such as "Rock With You," "ABC," "Beat It," and more. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling (405) 842-5387.
But that's not all from the Phil at the Civic Center. On Sunday, there's the Discovery Family Series concert "America The Beautiful" with American anthems, songs and music all about our country. Purchase tickets online.
Elsewhere this weekend...
- Rodeo lovers will make their way to the Chesapeake Energy Arena for the PBR Built Ford Tough Series through Sunday. Get venue & ticket information.
- Sunday brings the Perfect Brunch to the Myriad Gardens... For $40 per person, enjoy the buffet from Picasso's Café on Paseo that features salmon, champagne, fruit, eggs and crusty, toasted baguette. Check availability by calling (405) 445-7080.
- On Friday, get free admission to the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory in celebration of the 25-year anniversary.
- Carpenter Square Theatre presents the drama "The Good Counselor."
- In sports, most area teams are on the road this weekend, but take the drive to Stillwater to catch men's basketball. The Cowboys meet West Virginia Saturday at noon.
- State Fair Park has Art Now, City Arts Center's annual celebration and art sale that features national, regional and emerging artists. The event runs through February 8th, and Friday is the annual gala with live music, food from local restaurants and more. Get all the details at cityartscenter.org.
- In music, bluegrass band The Abrams Brothers will be at The Blue Door on Friday. Get venue & ticket information.
- And catch a rising rock band from Yukon called Paperscissor at The Conservatory on Saturday. Get venue & ticket information.
- Finally among the highlights, State Fair Park presents, throughout the weekend, the longest running boat show in OKC history. See the official site for more.
Are you attending any of the above events, or has something else caught your eye this weekend? Let us know below. You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.
Photo © Adam Knapp
Follow me on Twitter