The Oklahoma City Philharmonic's first production of the new year, "Pristine Visions," takes place at the Civic Center Music Hall Saturday night at 8 p.m. The classics concert was originally set to feature Stefan Jackiw, but an injury forced him to cancel. Violinist Ryu Goto steps in for a show that includes music from Dvorak and Beethoven. Tickets, ranging from about $15-65 depending on seating location, can be purchased online or by calling (405) 842-5387.
Elsewhere around OKC...
- State Fair Park is the site this year for the Oklahoma City Winter Quilt Show through Saturday. See the official site for more information.
- The Chesapeake Energy Arena features Strikeforce on Saturday, a mixed martial arts event that includes 3 championship fights and the return of OSU star Daniel Cormier. Get venue & ticket information.
- Friday brings a monthly art event in a dynamic area of the city, this time as a pajama party... It's LIVE on the Plaza in the Plaza District, an art walk featuring local artists, live music, shopping and more. There will also be a pajama contest, so visitors are encouraged to don their "comfiest footie pajamas, snuggie, or bunny slippers."
- Take the short drive on Saturday to Shawnee's Grand Casino Resort for a SNL Comedy Show that includes Jon Lovitz, Chris Kattan and Tim Meadows.
- Carpenter Square Theatre presents the drama "The Good Counselor" this weekend.
- In music, hit Riverwind Casino down in Norman Saturday for Sara Evans.
- VZD's has Colorado folk band Mont Lyons on Friday, with Austin's Lord Buffalo.
- Then, enjoy the EP release concert for Oklahoma City-based pop/punk band Tiger Lily at The Conservatory on Saturday.
- In sports, the Barons are at home for three this weekend, a pair with Charlotte to start the weekend and a Sunday affair with Texas.
- The Cox Convention Center has the Redland Rendezvous Volleyball Tournament both Saturday and Sunday. See the official site for more information.
- And in men's college basketball, the Sooners and Cowboys meet for Bedlam on Saturday in Norman, a 2 p.m. tip.
- Tickets are on sale for next week's "Jekyll & Hyde" at the Civic Center Music Hall. Get more information.
- Finally among the highlights, State Fair Park also has the AKS Oklahoma Winter Gem, Jewelry, and Bead Show all weekend. Admission is $5. See the official site for all the details.
Are you attending any of the above events, or has something else caught your eye this weekend? Let us know below. You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.
Photo © Adam Knapp
Follow me on Twitter