The first weekend of 2013 is highlighted by several events around the metro. For example, make your way to the Cox Convention Center for the Oklahoma Bridal Show on Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. Over 200 top wedding professionals from around the state will be on hand, and brides to be can explore options for fashion, cakes and more. The show also features discounts and prizes. Brides are encouraged to pre-register online in order to enter drawings and receive discount tickets for $10.99. At the door, they are $13.
Elsewhere around OKC...
- The Thunder is at the Chesapeake Arena Friday night for a game against the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Tickets aren't easy to find, but if you have them, enjoy the Sooners in the Cotton Bowl Friday night. If you don't, tune in to FOX at 7 p.m.
- This weekend brings a chance to catch an Elvis impersonator in the metro... Travis Ledoyt will appear at the Riverwind Casino in Norman on Saturday. Get venue & ticket information here on About.com.
- Head to The Conservatory Friday night for punk and skatecore band They Stay Dead, with Two Snakes.
- The Opolis in Norman presents a benefit show "A Night For Others" Saturday. Proceeds go to Other Options, an Oklahoma City area food pantry for families affected by AIDS, and bands include The Boom Bang, DEERPEOPLE, The TJ Mayes Band ft., Johnny Carlton and Billy Earl Padgettlso.
- The new tour for western swing band Asleep at the Wheel stops at the Sooner Theatre on Friday.
- The UCO Jazz Lab features Smilin' Vic on Saturday.
- Don't forget the Paseo's First Friday Gallery Walk from 6 to 10 p.m. It continues into Saturday, from noon to 5 p.m.
- If you're a Bank of America cardholder, you can get free admission to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum or the OKC Museum of Art on Saturday and Sunday.
- State Fair Park has the OKC Auto Racers Auction & Swap Meet.
- And finally among the highlights, the Red Earth Museum in OKC opens a new exhibit called "Generations" on Friday. It features some of Oklahoma's most highly regarded Native artists alongside the artwork of their children.
Are you attending any of the above events, or has something else caught your eye this weekend? Let us know below. You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.
Photo © Adam Knapp
Follow me on Twitter