Decorations around the house, holiday shows, fun events and incredible lighting displays are all unmistakable parts of the season. For many kids, though, none of it even comes close to the experience of meeting the jolly, fat man. And time is running out to sit on old St. Nick's lap and put in gift requests for this year. Here are a few upcoming opportunities to see Santa Claus in the metro.
- As usual, OKC area shopping malls such as Quail Springs, Northpark, Penn Square and Sooner feature Santa through Christmas Eve. Photo packages are available at each.
- Bass Pro Shops has Santa's Wonderland through Christmas Eve, with free pictures, crafts and other activities.
- Purchase tickets for the Oklahoma Railway Museum's Christmas Train on December 15th. They're $15 (kids under 3 are free), and in addition to meeting Santa, kids can get hot chocolate, sing carols and hear a reading of "The Polar Express."
- Santa will be at the Devon Energy Center from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on December 15th and December 22nd. There will be musical entertainment, crafts and more.
- Orr Family Farm has a pancake breakfast with Santa on December 15th from 10 a.m. to noon. A reservation also includes a carousel ride and a train ride.
- Or have cupcakes with Santa at the OKC Zoo on December 15th from 10:30 a.m. to noon or 2-3:30 p.m.
- Classen Curve welcomes Santa from 4-6 p.m. on the 15th.
- Also on the 15th, the downtown library presents the free "Holly, Jolly Holiday Party" from 1-4 p.m., an occasion that will surely include the big guy.
- On December 16th, have breakfast with Santa at the Myriad Gardens as part of Downtown in December. Seatings are at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., and reservations are required. Call (405) 445-7080 for details.
- Also on the 16th, from 2-4 p.m., see Mr. Claus at the Fort Reno Christmas Guns Celebration.
Follow me on Twitter