Many people made their way to Bricktown for the annual Downtown in December Christmas tree lighting ceremony on the day after Thanksgiving. Enjoy the festive atmosphere and holiday season celebration at several other similar ceremonies around the metro in the coming days.
- The Christmas tree lighting ceremony at the Oklahoma State Capitol will take place at 6:15 p.m. Thursday, November 29th on the south steps. Previous years have included storytelling, music, Santa and more.
- El Reno will also feature a tree lighting ceremony on Thursday, part of the Christmas on the Western Frontier event. It all starts with a 6 p.m. downtown parade.
- Stockyards City hosts Cowboy Christmas Friday night at 5:30 p.m.
- Bethany has a downtown Christmas celebration this Saturday, December 1st. The ceremonial tree lighting will follow treats, live music, store specials and more.
- Make your way to the Del City Community Center on Friday, December 7th for the annual tree lighting ceremony at 6 p.m. There will be music, crafts, and hot chocolate.
- Old Town Moore holds Old Town Christmas on the 7th as well, and the 6 p.m. tree lighting takes place at Moore City Hall. The ceremony will be followed by a toy drive at the community center, gingerbread house contest at the library, choral singing, carriage rides and more.
- And the Edmond Electric Parade of Lights on December 8th is preceded by a Mayor's Tree Lighting Ceremony at Shannon Miller Park (corner of Jackson and First). The tree lighting and activities begin at 6 p.m.
Photo © Adam Knapp
Follow me on Twitter