This past week has seen important developments in a couple of MAPS 3 projects. First, after a public meeting and an online survey to gather feedback from residents, designers Hargreaves Associates released three conceptual drawings of the $132 million, 70-acre Downtown Park. City officials note that the final design is likely to utilize elements from all three. You can download the detailed park presentation and then email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also last week, the City Council approved a master plan for the $10 million MAPS 3 sidewalks project. Unfortunately, due to incorrect cost estimates, the scope was cut significantly from the planned 70 miles of new sidewalks to the current estimate of 25-36. The master plan prioritizes specific sidewalk locations, with the top five as follows:
- Western Avenue from Hefner Road to Britton Road
- MacArthur Blvd from Wilshire Blvd to Britton Road
- Western Avenue from SW 104th to SW 98th
- May Avenue from SW 59th & SW 61st to SW 80th & SW 89th
- May Avenue from NW 50th to NW 63rd
Follow me on Twitter