If last weekend's downtown arts festival wasn't enough for you, you're in luck. Make your way north for the 33rd Annual Downtown Edmond Arts Festival through Sunday. This year's event includes the work of an estimated 115 artists, a large children's area, live musical performances, all the festival food and more. Othello's corner has a spaghetti slurp-off Saturday afternoon, and Saturday night features a post-festival concert at the Plaza from the Zero2Sixty band.
Make sure you leave some time on Saturday for the 24th Annual El Reno Friend Onion Burger Festival. By now, everyone probably knows about the giant burger, and visitors can also enjoy the classic car show, live music and performances, arts & crafts, game booths, rides and more.
Elsewhere, this weekend...
- Oh, we've just started with the metro area festivals this weekend. Check out the Festival of the Child at Yukon City Park on Saturday, an annual favorite that features creative activities and games for kids 12 and under. There will be pony rides, story telling, art workshops, a rock wall and much more. For more information, call (405) 354-8442.
- Then Norman is the place for the annual May Fair Art Festival at Andrews Park on Saturday. The event includes art, live music, dancers and more.
- Science Museum Oklahoma holds a two day special event this weekend with John Herrington, NASA Shuttle Astronaut of the STS-113 Endeavour... Space Days 2012 are Friday and Saturday, with hands-on science experiments, weather balloon and rocket launches, live shows and additional activities with the USAF, Piedmont Rocketry Club, Astronomy Club and the OMN Science Matters Mobile Museum.
- Get free admission for the 5th anniversary of the Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum on Saturday.
- In sports, the Thunder is up 3-0 on the defending champion Mavericks. Saturday night's game is at 6:30, televised on TNT. If OKC doesn't close it out, the series will return to the Peake for game 5 on Monday night.
- And enjoy 2nd round playoff action with the Oklahoma City Barons as they take on San Antonio Saturday night at the Cox Convention Center.
- The Civic Center Music Hall is the site for the Tony Award-winning musical "Fiddler on the Roof" through Sunday.
- Bank of America and Merrill Lynch offer local cardholders free admission to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, City Arts Center and the OKC Museum of Art both Saturday and Sunday.
- Internationally renowned Canadian fiddler, singer, songwriter and step dancer April Verch will be at the Blue Door on Saturday. Get venue & ticket information.
- And the American Banjo Museum honors inductees into the National Four-String Banjo Hall of Fame (Buddy Wachter, Lee Floyd III, Skip DeVol, Glenn Parks and Jim Farquhar) on Friday night. Then Saturday afternoon will feature live performances in the museum's Shakey's exhibit.
- Finally among the highlights, take the short drive to Shawnee for the Red Dirt RV Rally at the Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center through Sunday. There will be games, seminars, crafts, sightseeing tours, golf outings and themed nights such as a western barn dance with a barbecue dinner, a 50s sock hop with an ice cream social and a drive-in movie night with movie theatre food and snacks.
Are you attending any of the above events, or has something else caught your eye this weekend? Let us know below. You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.
© Downtown Edmond Business Association
Follow me on Twitter