Alright, so even I'm not this much of a procrastinator; I had my income taxes done a couple of weeks ago. But according to IRS numbers, about 30 million people wait until the last week to file. Well, the deadline this year is Tuesday, April 17, and officials warn that last minute filers are more likely to make simple mistakes such as checking the incorrect filing status box, forgetting social security numbers or, even with tax software, overlooking deductions and tax credits for which they are eligible.
To help with the frustration of tax day, or to celebrate the end of the affair, several area retailers are offering discounts and giveaways on Tuesday:
- Get two free classic Cinnabon bites at Cinnebon stores.
- Arby's has a Facebook coupon for free value-size curly fries.
- Sonic extends "happy hour" on Tuesday, offering half-price drinks and slushes all day.
- AMC Theaters has a coupon for a free small popcorn.
- P.F. Chang's is offering 15 percent off for all dine-in and takeout orders.
- Get a free appetizer or dessert with entree purchase at Chili's by using this coupon.
- If you like Panda Express on Facebook, you can download a coupon for a free single serving of Shanghai Angus Steak.
- And Hooters has 20 boneless wings for $9.99 for dine-in customers on tax day.
Follow me on Twitter