April is a month filled with popular annual events that allow us the opportunity to get outside and enjoy the nice weather. Unfortunately, the weather may not cooperate for this weekend's events, favorites such as the 30th annual Redbud Classic in northwest OKC. In addition to the 5k run, 10k run and half marathon, there are bicycle races, a team challenge and the free Children's Fitness Run. And if you're familiar with the Redbud Classic, then you are familiar with Pasta on the Pond, held at the Waterford on Saturday evening. It features a pasta buffet courtesy of Bellini's and Ben E. Keith as well as live entertainment and special activities for children.
Elsewhere this weekend...
- The Cox Convention Center is the place for the Ink Life Tour Tattoo & Music Festival, featuring world-renowned and local tattoo artists. There's also a battle of bands, art demos, tattoo contests and more. See inklifetour.com for more information.
- Go to State Fair Park this weekend for the Southwest Street Rod Nationals. Get all the details on nsra-usa.com.
- Friday the 13th is the perfect day for a "Scaretacular" event here in the metro... The first of what is planned as an annual event, the Guthrie Haunts Scaretacular features a haunted house, movie room, paranormal demos and more. See the official site for information.
- Don't miss Norman's 2nd Friday Circuit of Art. This week, there is a free Family Fun Night at Firehouse Art Center, and other sites have live music, film showings, art displays and more. See the official site for all the details.
- On stage, the Oklahoma City Theatre Company presents "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" on Friday and Saturday.
- And Lyric Theatre at the Plaza's "Spring Awakening," a Tony Award-winning rock musical, runs through Saturday.
- Comedian Kevin Hart will perform at the Chesapeake Energy Arena on Saturday night.
- In sports, the regular season is winding down for the Thunder, the top overall seed in the Western Conference still at stake. OKC is home Friday against Sacramento, then on the road Saturday in Minnesota.
- Likewise, the Oklahoma City Barons are nearly at the end of the regular season. Only three games remain for them, the first of which is at the Cox Center on Friday night against Houston.
- In music, the UCO Jazz Lab in Edmond has Matt Stansberry Friday night. Get venue & ticket information.
- And veteran Texas singer/songwriter George Ensle will be at the Blue Door on Sunday. Get venue & ticket information.
- Finally among the highlights, the Oklahoma Museums Association has its fundraiser Saturday at Put a Cork In It Winery in Bricktown. Guests paint and create their own Red Tree masterpiece to take home, all while sipping on original Oklahoma wines and sampling hors d' oeuvres. For more information, call (405) 424-7757.
Are you attending any of the above events, or has something else caught your eye this weekend? Let us know below. You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.
Logo © Redbud Classic
Follow me on Twitter