Last weekend featured many of the community celebrations, and this weekend has a number of Easter festivities at local attractions. For example, the Orr Family Farm has an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday as well as duck races, egg decorating and more. And the Oklahoma City Zoo presents "Hopabaloo" on Easter Sunday, where kids can have brunch with the Easter Bunny, participate in a scavenger hunt, hear stories and more.
But that's only the beginning of your Easter options. Head to Yukon for "Easter on the Prairie" or to Choctaw for the 13th Annual Easter Egg Hunt, both on Saturday. POPS on Route 66 has a big egg hunt, and there are multiple opportunities to meet the Easter Bunny. Get full information on all of these events and more.
For non-holiday related events, consider...
- Earth Day is coming up later this month, and the Myriad Botanical Gardens is celebrating with a Plant and Garden Sale through Saturday. Experts will be on hand to answer your gardening questions.
- Thursday was the home opener for the Oklahoma City RedHawks, and the series continues this weekend against Memphis. Friday night's game will be followed by fireworks, and check out special entertainment from ZOOperstars! on Saturday.
- Speaking of sports, the Thunder did something they don't often do this week... They lost two games in a row for just the second time all season. So following that tough loss to the Heat, OKC tries to rebound Friday at Indiana, then Sunday against Toronto at the Peake.
- The Oklahoma City Barons are playoff bound, but a couple of regular season games remain. See them at the Cox Convention Center both Friday and Saturday, the former against Peoria and the latter against Chicago.
- The Cox Convention Center is also the place to be for the Oklahoma Health and Wellness Expo on Saturday, an event "designed to showcase vendors, programs, and opportunities to get people moving, taking action and making choices to be more healthy."
- On stage, Lyric Theatre at the Plaza presents "Spring Awakening," a Tony Award-winning rock musical.
- Riverwind Casino has Carlos Mencia on Saturday night. Get venue & ticket information.
- The Sam Noble Museum of Natural History in Norman presents the 4th Annual Red Carpet Film Festival on Saturday, featuring six student short films produced in conjunction with ACM@UCO.
- Catch Brian Gorrell & Jazz Company at the Norman Performing Arts Studio on Sunday. Details are available at pasnorman.org.
- Bank of America and Merrill Lynch offer local cardholders free admission to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, City Arts Center and the OKC Museum of Art both Saturday and Sunday.
- Head to the Istvan Gallery, located at 1218 N. Western Avenue, for the "Leap of Faith" art show and auction benefitting local rap artist Jabee from 7 to 10 p.m. There will be food and beverages by Sara Sara Cupcakes, live painting by Bunky Echo-Hawk, an internationally acclaimed visual artist, and live music by Horse Thief, Denver Duncan, Jabee and DJ Keilo.
- Finally among the highlights, enjoy the First Friday Gallery Walk at the Paseo.
Are you attending any of the above events, or has something else caught your eye this weekend? Let us know below. You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.
Photo © cyanocorax
Follow me on Twitter