Spring Break is always a big deal, relaxation for students and aggravation for many parents seeking to give kids something productive and interesting to do. Now, with Oklahoma City Public Schools on the continuous learning calendar, it has become even more so. Luckily, whenever the break falls for your school, several metro attractions are anxious to provide options for March 12-23.
First, there are many excellent, fun and educational Spring Break camps, from art camps at the MOA (pictured) or City Arts Center to the Thunder basketball camps and more. In addition, here are a few of the specials and events over the break:
- Science Museum Oklahoma presents "Bright Night of Star Wars" on March 16th, a chance for kids to spend the night in the museum and learn about the "science of lightsabers" and the "forces of both Isaac Newton and Yoda."
- The Oklahoma History Center has a "Cowboy Roundup" on March 24th, an event with cowboy-themed activities such as roping, branding, cowboy cooking, coloring and more.
- The Orr Family Farm is celebrating one year of its multi-lane zip line with special hours from March 19-24: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $10.50.
- The Cox Convention Center features "Sesame Street Live: Elmo Makes Music" from March 16-18.
- And don't forget the St. Patrick's Day Events that will coincide with Spring Break.
Do you have any special Spring Break plans? Share ideas with other parents in the comments section below.
Photo © Adam Knapp
Follow me on Twitter