Last weekend it was the Friends of the Library Book Sale, and this weekend State Fair Park is again the place to be for an annual Oklahoma City favorite. The Oklahoma City International Auto Show began on Thursday and continues through Sunday in several fairground buildings. On display are new cars, classic cars and more, and the show features plenty of giveaways and the Subaru Ride and Drive. Plus, there will be special appearances by SpongeBob and Patrick as well as former Sooners wide receiver Ryan Broyles. General admission tickets for the 2012 show are $10 for adults and $4 for children ages 7-12 if purchased at the door, or you can get a $3 off coupon at select metro new auto dealers, Bank of Oklahoma banking centers and Oklahoma 7-Eleven Stores.
Elsewhere this weekend...
- Friday marks the opening of the 2012 American Quarter Horse Season at Remington Park. As part of the festivities, there will be t-shirt giveaways and cash drawings.
- The OKC Chamber's annual Greater Grads Career Fair will be held Friday at the Cox Convention Center.
- It's a big weekend for the Oklahoma City Philharmonic... First, there's "Musical Surprises" on Saturday, a classics concert with violinist Rachel Barton Pine. Then Sunday brings the Discover Family Series concert "Peter & the Wolf and Other Tales."
- The Cox Convention Center will hold Red Tie Night on Saturday, the annual fundraiser for Oklahoma AIDS Care Fund that features cocktails, silent auction, live entertainment and more. See the official site for more information.
- Carpenter Square Theatre presents the comedy/drama "Aliens With Extraordinary Skills" this weekend.
- In sports, the Thunder is on the road Saturday against Atlanta but returns to the Peake Monday night to face the Mavericks.
- And the Sooners men wrap up their regular season with a Saturday 3 p.m. game in Norman against Texas A&M.
- In music, catch Stoney LaRue at Riverwind Casino on Saturday. Get venue & ticket information.
- And John Fullbright, Samantha Crain, The Damn Quails, David Halley, and Terry 'Buffalo' Ware come together in a benefit for Virginia Marroquin at the Blue Door on Sunday.
- Enjoy the First Friday Gallery Walk at the Paseo.
- Bank of America and Merrill Lynch offer local cardholders free admission to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, City Arts Center and the OKC Museum of Art both Saturday and Sunday.
- And finally among the highlights, head to Science Museum Oklahoma for their 2nd Annual Forensics Day on Friday. Guests from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation will be on hand to help explore ins and outs of forensic science.
Are you attending any of the above events, or has something else caught your eye this weekend? Let us know below. You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.
Photo © Adam Knapp
Follow me on Twitter