Down at the Coca-Cola Bricktown Events Center, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art will hold the 28th Annual Omelette Party on Saturday. For $80, tickets are available for "Eggs Royale," an event that features gourmet omelettes made on site from OKC's favorites chefs and restaurants. Among the represented restaurants are Big Truck Tacos, Deep Fork Grill, Ludivine, Museum Cafe, Park Avenue Grill, Paseo Grill, Rococo and many more. In addition, there will be cocktails, live music, art raffle and more. For information, call 236-3100, ext. 207. Get tickets right away, as they won't be selling them at the door this year.
There's also plenty to do that doesn't necessarily involve food...
- On Saturday, the Oklahoma City Philharmonic presents "Great Moments of Opera" with OCU graduate Sarah Coburn.
- Couples, whether married, engaged or just thinking about it, can take advantage of a free metro event that could save them money... The Oklahoma Marriage Initiative presents "Forever. For Real." a marriage education program at the Cox Convention Center on Saturday. The one-day workshop allows those in attendance to receive a certificate reducing the cost of their marriage license from $50 to $5.
- On stage, don't miss Lyric at the Plaza's "Xanadu," an over-the-top roller-skating musical spoof of the 1980's Olivia Newton-John film.
- The Oklahoma Children's Theatre continues its production of "The Teddy Bear's Picnic" at Oklahoma City University this weekend.
- And there's the romantic comedy "Same Time Next Year" at the Civic Center's City Space Theatre this weekend from the OKC Theatre Company.
- In sports, the Thunder returns to the Chesapeake Energy Arena for the first time in over a week. There's a Friday night affair with Memphis before our boys head back on the road for a long stretch.
- It'll be a crowded night on Reno Avenue. The Oklahoma City Barons face the Charlotte Checkers at the Cox Convention Center Friday as well.
- Both OU and OSU men's teams are at home this Saturday. The Sooners men meet Iowa State at 5 p.m. while the Cowboys have a 12:30 tip against Baylor in Stillwater.
- In music, Lucky Star Casino near El Reno welcomes Toni Braxton, a show that was postponed from January.
- Indie rockers DEERPEOPLE will team up with art group The Drama Dept. at OKC's IAO Gallery for what organizers call "unique, one-time event that combines performance art with the concert experience." Get more information on the official site.
- And Jake Owen will be at Riverwind Casino on Saturday. Get venue & ticket information.
- Bank of America and Merrill Lynch offer local cardholders free admission to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and the OKC Museum of Art both Saturday and Sunday.
- Finally among the highlights, we'll bookend things with the OKC Museum of Art today. Between now and February 26th, the museum is featuring an Oscar Tune-Up of film showings that includes "The Artist," "Drive," "Midnight in Paris," "A Morning Stroll," "Time Freak" and many more.
Are you attending any of the above events, or has something else caught your eye this weekend? Let us know below. You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.
Photo © Adam Knapp
Follow me on Twitter