Decorations around the house, holiday shows, fun events and incredible lighting displays are all unmistakable parts of the season. For many kids, though, none of it even comes close to the experience of meeting the jolly, fat man. And time is running out to sit on old St. Nick's lap and put in gift requests for this year. Here are a few upcoming opportunities to see Santa Claus in the metro.
- As usual, OKC area shopping malls such as Quail Springs, Northpark, Penn Square, Crossroads and Sooner feature Santa through Christmas Eve. Photo packages are available at each.
- Bass Pro Shops has Santa's Wonderland through Christmas Eve, with free pictures, crafts and cookie decorating.
- Catch Santa at the Marc Heitz Chevrolet ice skating rink in Norman.
- Purchase tickets for the Oklahoma Railway Museum's Christmas Train on December 17th. They're $15 (kids under 3 are free), and in addition to meeting Santa, kids can get hot chocolate, sing carols and hear a reading of "The Polar Express."
- From noon to 3 p.m. on December 17th, Devon Energy brings Santa to the Myriad Gardens Pavilion as part of Downtown in December.
- Orr Family Farm has a pancake breakfast with Santa on December 17th from 10 a.m. to noon. A reservation also includes a carousel ride and a train ride.
- Or have cupcakes with Santa at the OKC Zoo on December 17th.
- Also on the 17th, the downtown library presents the free "Holly, Jolly Holiday Party," an occasion that will surely include the big guy.
- And on December 18th, from 2-4 p.m., see Mr. Claus at the Fort Reno Christmas Guns Celebration.
Photo: Justin Sullivan/Staff / Getty Images
Follow me on Twitter