1. Travel
Adam Knapp

Free Nicotine Replacement Products to Quit Smoking

By May 13, 2007

I've written before about the success of the Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline, a free telephone service assisting state residents with the difficult task of quitting smoking. Well the program is now offering free nicotine replacement products such as patches, gum and lozenges to new enrollees, while supplies last.

The Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline can be reached at (800) QUIT-NOW (784-8669) from 7am to 11pm every day of the week. You can also leave an after-hour message.
Comments
May 22, 2007 at 9:37 am
(1) anita says:

I just wanted to say what a wonderful program this is. I had wanted to quit smoking for years. I couldn’t make it but a few hours without a smoke. A doctor a OU set me up with the hotline last September. I chose the patches. I successfully quit smoking September 25, 2006. I could not have done it by myself.

January 7, 2009 at 2:44 pm
(2) J3doublen says:

I just signed up now it did take a few mins but i feel stronger than ever and i should recieve my patches in the next week. Yey go me!

March 31, 2009 at 6:03 pm
(3) Dana says:

Was very quick and Customer service rep was very friendly. Cant wait to get my info and patches so that we can become NON-SMOKERS. We have 2 2 1/2 year old and do not want them to become smokers. Thanks for the help and am praying that it works.

April 2, 2009 at 1:04 pm
(4) Long time smoker says:

I have smoked for 37 years and have ‘quit’ several times, as long as a year. I start back smoking because I gain weight. I want to be able to attend a rehab facility for smoking like the drug users have access to. If I could attend a 30 day in house program, I think I could stop. Meals prepared for me, no access to the kitchen, counselors, classes, support… all in a controlled environment. I really believe this would help. I called the 1 800 number to get help and the lady (Kathy) was not friendly, was very impersonal (reading her notes like a robot) and acted like I was a huge imposition. I am hoping the counselors are nicer. I really want to quit. I don’t want to die from cigarettes.

April 2, 2009 at 8:19 pm
(5) Elizabeth C. says:

I have tried every method out there and nothing seemed to work very long. I tried the new electronic cigg (sold at truck stops) It is smokeless and rechargeable. (I know what you ar thinking…the same thoughts I did until I tried it.) They have flavor filters and look just like a cigg. you charge them up at night like a cell phone and the charge lasts all day. They run about $60 to $65. It really helps me with the hand to mouth habit; I have not felt the need to increase my eating either.

April 7, 2009 at 4:32 pm
(6) tired of smoking says:

I have been smoking for almost ten years. I just signed up for the program and feel like this is finally it. I really don’t have a choice I have a 2 1/2 year old and the other day I caught her with a cigarette. I don’t want her to fall into the trap of cigarettes, so I am finally doing something about it. Hope this works. I am very confident in the study.

October 8, 2010 at 5:41 pm
(7) jack says:

Do you know if there is a similar program in California?—and if so could you supply the links?
My brother in law is trying to quit and a program like this sounds like a good place to start.

December 6, 2010 at 6:40 pm
(8) joey says:

I called the first time and asked for patches. Yes they sent me some patches two weeks later, by that time I had aready given up. I have not had any snuff for 15 days. I requested some nicotine gum 13 days ago none yet. I attempted to call 1-800-quitnow with no response.
If you want to stop tobacco just put it away. If you want free nicotine to help (and it does help, especially at first) get it before you need it. It may be less stressful to go buy it. Sounds like a good program.

April 23, 2013 at 6:35 am
(9) debbie says:

Got up this mornng and wanted a cigarette. I want to quit smoking but need help. I know I can do this but need help It is to early to call the quit line so thought I would write a comment. Do I need to call or can I get patches thru my e mail.

April 23, 2013 at 9:49 am
(10) okc says:

Helpline is available online. Here is more information on the program:

May 29, 2013 at 5:43 am
(11) Katia says:

It’s the same intelligence that is keeping your heart beating right now. This is despite the fact they understand the risks and want to stop. Have you seen an increase in the amount of pot you smoke.

July 31, 2013 at 12:02 am
(12) homer tadlock says:

I was told on the phone 2 days ago that they would email me a password . I haven’t seen one . I am ready to quit send me the patches. the title of this page says free nicotine replacement products ton quit smoking. send me the patches

September 3, 2013 at 7:08 pm
(13) elizabeth keller says:

please send me free stuff to help me stop smoking.thank you elizabeth